Monday, December 1, 2008

October Part III

No, I'm not dead. I've just been in what can best be described as a blog funk. I have barely found mental time and physical energy for necessary things like grocery shopping, paying bills and laundry (just dropped off a staggering 35 pounds) let alone playing show and tell online. But since my demanding public pesters...

The end of October was a blur of costume related activities and travels, beginning with a random trip to Philadelphia to visit friends and eat fattening food. (October 24-26th) Friday night Sam, Tim and I had a few cheap beers at Dirty Frank's followed by an interesting meal at the Warsaw Cafe where the meat pirogies were crazy delicious.

This was followed up the next morning with a roast pork sharp provolone and broccoli rabe hoagie from DeNic's in Reading Terminal Market. While this sandwich is supposedly best at Tony's Luke's, this was pretty freakin good.

After a slow crawl through the infamous Philly traffic, I stopped in for a quick visit with some old buddies at a rainy Villanova homecoming tailgate. Ms. Piglet is ginormous, talking up a storm, and totally adorable!

That evening I threw on the only costume in my collection easily packed in a duffel bag and attended an early Halloween party in the burbs with Mr. and Mrs. Packman Lazorik. Good (and random) times.

Halloween (October 31st) fell on a Friday making for extra debauchery and hilarity. This year, political (and last minute) costumes were popular with my crowd. Here's me as Hockey Mom with Joe Six Pack and Joe The Plumber.

And this year, Martin wasn't THE Ugliest Betty, but he came damn close. Man, he makes one super ugly beeotch!


November update coming as soon as I get all my photos in order...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

about time.