Wednesday, December 17, 2008

November Part II

In an effort to wrap up this month - more photos and less words. SO, the end of November brought us to the fair shores of Staten Island for Adopt A Neighborhood - Weird Trolley Tour.

For just $15 we were driven around and learned such facts as: Langston Hughes was once an onion farmer on Shaolin.

The only privately owned lake in the entire state of NY resides near the Staten Island expressway. It also has a carriage sunk at the bottom from a western movie.

The Staten Island zoo has more reptiles than any other zoo in the country. This is apparently due to a donation of 90 turtles given by our tour guide's weird friend.

The only self discovered fact: It's fucking cold near the Verrazano bridge in November.

I knew pizza was the real reason to travel to the weirdest borough with the largest Italian American population, so we hit up the local bus to Denino's. Their garbage pie was great, but as mentioned in my previous post, I'm still a Grimaldi's girl through and through.

Tasty hot greasy pizza located on the corner of Hooker Place....coincidence? I think not. Full set of photos here.


Kickball. Kickball. Kickball. How my liver hates you.

Everyone in this photo is a hot mess.

Which brings me to a glutton's favorite holiday. Trevor was not amused by our gift of Wild Turkey on his dinner plate.

God I love this holiday.

Gram gives us all cards each year. This time she obviously didn't think about her audience when choosing. This is Andrew before we all lost our shit cracking up.

This was his card. On the inside it said "God bless. Love Gram." and there was a $20 bill. I told him he better buy himself some giblet protectors!

Oh yeah, and my aunt had these creepy/cute little hand crafted owls all over the place. I like this photo. (Family, click here for the full set of photos.)

No comments: