Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What I Did On My Summer Vacation - Part 2

Most of July was spent getting settled in to my new job. There has been a major improvement in my mental health with a thirty minute commute to a low stress environment interacting with normal professional museum staff. Turns out, my old job realized they were up shit creek without a paddle and offered me free lance work one day a week until they replace me. It's been nice making play money while helping my friends... but then walking away from all the drama.

I was also pleasantly surprised to discover Mel and I are now work neighbors. Both of us realized we know little to nothing about Tribecca and Soho and have taken it upon ourselves to visit local watering holes and restaurants in an ongoing mini two person Adopt A Neighborhood.

In addition to beers, our adventures have taken us on rambles down the entire west side of the island all the way to Battery Park. The best part of this location is the uncrowded fabulous view of the Hudson and New Jersey along the bike path.

Soho is fascinating to me with it's blend of industrial architecture, bullshit upscale stores, gawking tourists, and remnants from its artistic past.

So far, my favorite thing is the plentiful collage graffiti. It's been a feast for my camera.

(Hmmm, this guy seems to think I should go to Peru.)




What I Did On My Summer Vacation
To Be Continued....

No comments: