Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What I Did On My Summer Vacation - Part 3

August was a super busy social month. I had back to back events or outings for almost two weeks straight. In addition to sampling the fare at Fredrick's Downtown with Liz during restaurant week, BBAMS checked The 21 Club off the list of "to visit" New York institutions we created over brunch at the Central Park Boathouse.

The next day I traveled home for my good friend (and loyal reader) Sue's wedding. She looked beautiful and so happy!

The reception was hours after the ceremony so I had time to stop and take photos of the amazing post rain sky above the minuscule Albany skyline.


It was great spending time at the reception with my oldest friends in the entire world, Melissa and Jen (momma of The Peanut) and admiring the beautiful upstate woodsy sunset.


I got back from the wedding just in time for my Sunday night kickball game. I played a quick five week season with Zog Sports and met a whole bunch of nice new friends.
The next day I woke up at 6am to make a three hour train out to East Hampton for a work retreat. My boss had the entire staff up for a day at the beach and gourmet meals he made himself from organic farms near his beautiful home. THIS is the Hamptons I wanted to see on my first visit.

Even though I was totally exhausted, I dragged myself out the next night to a Mets game with Martin. We won free tickets the week before at a DJ Rocco charity event and I wasn't about to let them go to waste.

Since the Roxy closed over a year ago, there hasn't been indoor roller skating anywhere in New York. So when I read about Lola Star's Dreamland Roller Rink opening in Coney Island, I was there two days later with my adventurous friend Melissa.

Rollerskating was fun but we discovered that Coney Island on a Friday night is a free freak show.
We had a blast surreptitiously taking photos of the locals.

We also discovered the Hot Nosh Kosher Kart. It's almost as weird as the animatronic vomiting guy I discovered last year.


What I Did On My Summer Vacation
To Be Continued....

1 comment:

PJ Coleman said...

uh... so you ran in to Blue while drinking at the bar on Coney Island?
Just in case you didn't know... he's my boy.


All we are is dust in the wind,
pj