Tuesday, January 13, 2009

December Part III

December 14th - Evan Moves In and Mel Gets Old

Sporting a really stellar Santacon hangover, I helped my new roommate move in all morning. Then I made a labor intensive carrot cake (filled with love) for the very demanding birthday diva Mel.

We had a little shin dig complete with pizza, cake, and chocolate martinis.


December 15th - TDC Holiday Dinner

I knew my boss was great, but I liked him ever so much more when he brought the staff to Nha Trang (a favorite haunt of mine) for a holiday feast. Bowls of steaming pho, crispy squid, thin barbecue pork chops, and hollow vegetable all made their way to our table.

However, the clear favorite dish was whole market fish swimming in oniony goodness.

It was also a belated 40th birthday celebration for him, complete with a little Fifty Cent serenade.


December 19th - 3rd Friday

My friend Sarah hosted her monthly ladies night at The Rabbit Hole in the west village. It's one of those places you would never know existed unless someone told you it was there.

This cozy little joint also has an interesting bathroom.

After a few drinks with the girls, I met my friend Taz (who had been away for about a month) for some pre-holiday Kati Rolls and several glasses of wine at V Bar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

miss you mingey.